What is it that needs to be done when looking after our farm?
We work hard to make our farm a simple to run and well oiled machine. We have children… and animals… so you can imagine how well that goes! Think of a circus train that’s stopped in the zoo and all the doors opened – only one city slicker family is in the park… and the gates are locked shut. No… not really that bad… or is it? Did I mention Mother Nature?
When you’ve got help divide and conquer! If you’re by yourself feeding the troops first gives you a little reprieve while you milk. I start water and feed the dogs & chickens, then milk.
Big dogs 2 small scoops, small dogs 1 scoop
2 scoops of feed, fill up their water and collect eggs
Fill up all the water troughs. 2 in the heifer pen, 4-5 in the bull pen, chicken water, one in the garden, one in the yard.
- Get a goat on the stanchion
- Brush the goat to avoid hair in the milk (optional)
- Wipe down the bag with a hand wipe
- Discard three full squirts from each teat
- Milk into clean pale
- Freeze in small amounts for 2 hours (set a timer!)
- Store in freezer in lager containers or jugs (optional)
Teet Wash recipe
15 drops grape seed extract, fill pint jar with water & shake
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!